All of our UK Club Sites, Certificated Sites, Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites have been closed since March 22. When we reopen, it will feel better than ever to be back. For many of you, the thought of spending time in the great outdoors with family and friends has been keeping you going.
When are campsites re-opening?
We have confirmation that we can open campsites with facility blocks in England on 4th July.
In Scotland we have confirmation we can open without facility blocks from the 4th July and with them from the 15th.
Due to Scottish government policy, only self-contained units of a caravan or a motorhome will initially be allowed on site, until 15th July. Unfortunately, the current policy means that campers in units without onboard facilities, such as tents, trailer tents and campervans will be unable to stay on our Scottish campsites. This is also applicable even to those with toilet tents. These cannot be on site until 15th July.
In Wales we have confirmation we can open from 13th July without facility blocks.
Whilst this is great news, we are still waiting on further confirmation as to when we can open our facility blocks and welcome back tent campers and campervans. Current Welsh government policy states that only self-contained units of a caravan or a motorhome will initially be allowed on site. You need to have your own on-board shower, WC and kitchen facilities. Unfortunately, the current policy means that campers in units without onboard facilities, such as tents, trailer tents and campervans will be unable to stay on our Welsh campsites. This is also applicable even to those with toilet tents. We hope to have a further update regarding facility blocks from 6th July.
In Northern Ireland we are opening Delamont Country park from 4th July without facilities blocks being open.
Please read ‘Existing UK Club Site Touring Bookings’ below for an update on what to do if you’re affected by this.
Being in the fresh air, the physical space between pitches and with additional social distancing measures, we believe that we are well-placed to offer you a safe, enjoyable UK holiday, providing a much-needed break away from home.
We’ve had a team of people working hard on when and how we can safely re-open and we can’t wait to welcome you back. Demand for a UK camping break is increasing so we’d ask that you book in advance to guarantee your pitch. Bookings made whilst our campsites are closed are fully flexible.
Will the whole Club Site network re-open?
We plan to open the majority of Club Sites, including as many as possible with toilet block facilities.
In order to operate our sites in a responsible manner we will be increasing our cleaning regimes; where facility blocks are open there will be 2 deep cleans a day and 4 supplementary cleans – this places extra demand on our staff so we have had to look at campsites which are better suited to self-sufficient campers where facility blocks will not be open this season.
Unfortunately it’s likely that 26 sites will remain closed for the rest of the season.
What additional measures will you have in place?
We have surveyed our members on their hopes, expectations and what would make them feel comfortable on our campsites. Our Operational teams have a plan for how we will open the Club Site network and have fed our recommendations to the government and will follow any guidelines set out.
We will be implementing:
- Contactless check in – this will be facilitated by Auto Balance Collect. The balance of any money due for your stay will be taken automatically from your account on the morning of your arrival. This means we’ll ask for your car registration details when you book. When you arrive on site, you can remain inside your vehicle and a member of our site staff will welcome you and show you to your allocated pitch.
- Sensible social distancing – our pitches have six-metre spacing and we’ll reduce the number of people on Club Sites with facility blocks so we can manage demand.
- There will be signs and floor markings as a common sense reminder to keep two metres from other people.
- Where facility blocks are open there will be 2 deep cleans and 4 supplementary cleans a day and guidance on how many people the block can accommodate at one time. Campers will also be able to pitch their own toilet tent on their allocated pitch.
- On campsites where facility blocks are open, we’d ask that if you are able to use your own facilities in your unit, you do so as much as possible – this will help us manage demand and queuing.
- We’re only allowing individual bookings and with well-managed sites we can prevent large groups assembling.
- Campers will not be able to have any day visitors to their pitches – this will help us limit the number of people on sites.
- Whilst our washing up areas will remain open, communal areas such as receptions, shops, laundries and play areas will remain closed. Please make sure you bring all your essentials with you – we will also be unable to sell gas.
- Service points will be open – please follow hand washing guidance; whilst we will have this available on sites, we’d ask campers to also bring with them their own supplies of soap and hand sanitiser.
- We will not be opening our Ready Camp Safari Tents, Pods or Self-Catering units this season
Existing UK Club Site touring bookings
If you have a booking on our system between now and July 3rd or a booking on a campsite which is not opening for 2020, there is no need to contact us. To make things as easy as possible for our members, we will contact you to either rearrange your booking, offer you a full refund or we can hold onto your deposit and you can rebook at a time convenient for you.
If you have a booking on our system for a Ready Camp Safari Tent, Pod or Self-Catering accommodation which is not opening for 2020, there is no need to contact us. We will automatically refund your booking.
If you have a booking on our system for a campsite where we are planning to not open facility blocks, or is in a location where the government have stated we are unable to open facility blocks, you should have received an email from us with the next steps. If the campsite no longer meets your requirements, we will happily move your booking to one which is better suited or provide a full refund.
Future bookings made whilst our campsites are closed are fully flexible. Members can amend them to any available date in the next 18 months without charge (non-members can amend to any date before the end of the year). You can switch to any available campsite and there is no limit to how many times you do this while sites remain closed.
We expect our network of Certificated Sites to follow our lead and open when they are legally able to do so. If you have any questions about facilities or additional measures on these campsites, please contact them directly.
It will come as no surprise that the Club needs its members now more than ever. Together we’ll come through this period of time. And when we do, the draw of our countryside and its beautiful open spaces will be stronger than ever. The Club wants to be there, to welcome you back and celebrate this moment with you. It will only be possible with your support.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is determined to offer you full value for your membership, throughout our closure period and beyond:
- This year, we’re extending your membership for the 3-month period our sites have been closed, to ensure you receive your full 12 months of membership no matter what happens. This will be added onto the end of your membership term, when we know how long our sites have been closed for. The extension will be applied to all fully paid members when we reopen. If you are due to renew, you can still do this online or by requesting a call back through our contact us page to ensure you are eligible.
- We’ve expanded our booking window to 18 months exclusively for our members.
- You’ll continue to find value in your membership far beyond our campsites, with great content in our regular magazine, promotions, competitions, helpful advice and plenty of online inspiration.
- Fun, freedom, relaxation – whatever your reason for camping with The Camping and Caravanning Club, we can’t wait to help make your next getaway even more special. With a large network of Club Sites to choose from, plus 1,300 idyllic Certificated Sites, we’re sure to have a destination to suit you. As a member, you’ll enjoy up to 30% off pitch night fees, plus additional member-exclusive discounts throughout the year.
Foreign Tours and Rally bookings
With the uncertainty around Worldwide and European travel both now and for the foreseeable future, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel our escorted tour and summer and winter rally programmes for 2020.
If you have an upcoming booking for foreign travel or a rally, we’ll contact you by phone or email to go through your options and return any money owing to you. There’s no need to contact us, we’re working through bookings and are contacting people in order of departure.
Due to the uncertainty around future overseas travel, we are currently not accepting any Tour, Rally or Camp Site bookings. Please keep your eye on the Club website and magazine for further updates on when these products will be available for sale.